Biokineticists are exercise specialists. Making use of various aspects of exercise in order to treat chronic health conditions and improve general wellness.
- Diabetes, Cardiac conditions, Strokes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol
- Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Brain Injury, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s Disease
- Arthritis, Lower back pain Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis
- Amputation, Paraplegia, Tetraplegia
- Assessment of each patient, their history, needs and current abilities will determine the treatment plan used by the biokineticist.
General Fitness and Health Screenings
You don’t need to be on a specific lifestyle program or have a condition to make use of a biokineticist for an assessment.
- Fat percentage and body composition.
- Strength and cardiovascular fitness testing.
- Posture assessments and corrective exercise.
- Functional movement assessments and conditioning programs for sports performance and function.
Medical aid fitness assessments
- Discovery Vitality Fitness Assessment
- Momentum Multiply
- BestMed family
- Medscheme – Fedhealth, Sasolmed
diabetes & cardiac condition program
A formulated program to educate you on exercising with your condition. Designed to take you to a place of comfort while exercising. With group sessions available for support and accountability.
If you would like further information on this, please contact the practice.
After a consultation to asses the individual needs of the patient and obtain physical measurements – a tailored program can be formulated in order to reach the goal of the patient.
As biokinetics is a registered profession with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, claims from medical aid for your treatment is an option. Speak to your biokineticist to discuss the option of using medical aid, as each plan and person is different.